Monday, May 01, 2006

As a parent...

I have to interject a personal comment here, while the lawyers are in chambers the Court TV extra video is showing what appears to be three high school age students, two boys in white shirts and one girl with short dark hair and glasses wearing a dark blue sweater. This is a murder trial, not a place to chew gum, mess around and place bare feet up against the railing. If I had the ability to do a screen capture of the video? I'd place the picture of the three of them, including the numerous times she placed her bare feet up against the railing up so that perhaps a parent could be able to id their child.

While I'd love to be able to attend, I'm not sure if I would let one of mine attend and if so I would at least make sure they behaved with the proper courtroom decorum.

I have to wonder where the Court room Bailiff is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bailiff has many responsibilities --- and making sure that individuals are chewing gum appropraitely is NOT one of them. Did you ever consider that the bailiff may be with the judge and counsel in chambers discussing matters and not directly in the courtroom when the gum chewing was going on?

Unknown said...

Asking where the Bailiff was a rhetorical question. I realize they have more to do than make teenagers that probably shouldn't be there in the first place behave.

My issue was with the lack of respect for the process of the Court.

But thanks for your friendly response.

:-)